1980 Aria Pro II PE-1000GC
All In One Monster Solid Body
Looking rather like a science tool kit, the densely populated knobs and switches are the collection of best practice that Aria put all of their patent knowledge about coil tab, booster, phase and rotary tone selectors into. They will never get you bored in playing.
Citing Gerry Cott's comment when he designed the circuit - 'The basic concept was that PE-1000GC should be extremely versatile soundwise, sturdy and good looker, which I reckon it's achieved. Don’t be overawed by the various switches, they're positioned with a lot of thought and allow for quick adjustment without altering the right hand playing position.'
All the parts functioning good. Speaking of the cosmetics, I admit there are moderate level of lacquer wear seen mostly on the bottom body and headstock. Scratches on the left top cutaway are also shown on the photos. Nonetheless, a curious and creative player would never miss the chance of acquiring this beat, to whom I ship a mint hardcase along. Good luck.
More details on each of the switches (number matches the pic on the right hand)
- three position Pickup selector
- master volume
- master tone
- booster switch (powered by 9V battery)
- booster treble control
- coiltap switch (switching front and rear humbucking at once)
- phase reversal switch (switching the phase of front and rear pickup. Down - in phase, Up - out of phase)
- six position tone selector (somthign similar to Gibson 345 tonality palette switch. Switching from low cut to high cut)